Black Cat Pt. 5, BLT


There is one thing that I absolutely hate, food that hurts, and I mean literally hurts.  For example, a sandwich with toasted bread that scratches the roof of your mouth, by the end of your meal you've got a raw mouth-roof plus you cannot say that you enjoyed your meal because you were concentrating with each bite the anticipation of the uncomfortable scratching going on inside your tender mouth.



On this day I ordered the BLT from Black Cat, a layer of bacon, a layer of tomatoes, a layer of lettuce, between two slices of the most violent toast I've ever encountered.  Okay, so I may be exaggerating just a bit about "the most violent toast" part, but I think the fact that this is all I could remember makes it a rather important point.  The uncomfortable scratchiness of the toast reminded me of Captain Crunch cereals when I was a kid.  

The layers of the BLT: bacon, lettuce and tomatoes was measly and the over-all taste of the sandwich was very average.  As I sat outside eating this very average BLT I kept thinking about the BLT at the Oaks Gourmet which is absolutely fabulous.  I realized then and there that my BLT cravings could only be fulfilled at one place, The Oaks Gourmet.  I was considerably disappointed to say the least, Black Cat is one of my favorite places to sit and eat comfortably and though this experience is not enough to ban Black Cat forever for they do have many other delicious dishes on the menu... Tummy was looking forward to a yummy BLT this day and Black Cat did not deliver.


A side of fruit with the BLT- fresh and delish!


The Damage:  $20.00 +/-

1 Arnold Palmer
1 BLT w/side of fruit
1 Huevos Rancheros



Black Cat Bakery & Cafe
519 South Fairfax Ave
LA CA 90036
(323) 932.1500


/ Black Cat Pt. 3, Eggsalad Sandwich & Blueberry Pie - July 3, 2011 / Black Cat Pt.4, Chicken & Cheese Enchiladas - September 13, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...