Granola in da house! @ Blu Jam Cafe


This morning I found myself sitting at Blu Jam Cafe on Melrose alone, and in actuality was looking forward and was a little bit too excited about having breakfast out by myself. It is one of those situations that rarely happen and so absolutely love the solitude of it when it does occur, alone time... at breakfast... *sigh.

And on my list of agendas, to have a really great bowl of granola- this has been my craving for the past week and I had yet to fulfill it, so this morning was the day it was going to happen! I hadn't had granola at Blu Jam Cafe before but I have seen it ordered a couple of times by strangers sitting at the next table- it looked... alluring, whole-hardy, satisfying, interesting... and delicious- which actually is saying a lot especially since... when have you ever had granola that was delicious?

I ate the whole thing!

The House Made Vegan Organic Granola consisted of a large bowl of oven baked oats, steel cut oats, bran oats, shaved coconut, shaved almonds, raisins, dried cranberries, flax seeds and maple syrup to sweeten it all up (but it wasn't overly sweet mind you... it was perfectly sweet). Having the choice of milk, soy milk, almond milk or vanilla yogurt I decided upon almond milk which came on the side. The granola was absolutely beautiful, the waiter (who was equally beautifully) set the large bowl of granola down before me and I can feel my eyes continuously widen until I felt like my eyeballs were going to pop out of my head, the little white strips of shaved coconut, ruby reds of the dried cranberries and deep purples of the raisins speckled the golden brown oats. The freshness of the milk with the variety of flavors that were perfectly matched for each other resulted in a hardy and delicious granola breakfast that was not too sweet nor too bland with the perfect crunch. Delicious!


Blu Jam Cafe
7371 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90046
(323) 951.9191


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...