Veggie Grill's All Hail Kale Salad & Cauliflower Mash


Pregnant and craving kale! Who knew the day would come when I would be pregnant and craving kale amongst all things?! All I know is, this baby's already a health nut, I suppose I should be happy about this. Unfortunately, kale is still a pretty new vegetable to me and I haven't really a clue on how to cook these delicious leafy but tough greens. The only thing I've really had that included kale was baked kale chips that my sister made a few times, and a bite of kale salad from a friends plate that one other time long ago. Apparently that one bite of kale salad I had off a friend's plate that one time long ago stuck, because that's all I've been thinking about since a couple of days ago, and so... as all pregnant ladies do, I went to fulfill my craving.

Veggie Grill, the All Hail Kale salad includes not only kale but red cabbage, candied walnuts, shredded carrots, diced onions, diced tomatoes, a sprinkle of corn and bits of quinoa. Dressing? A mango dressing that sweetens it all up quite nicely. "ALL HAIL KALE!" That's really what I wanted to yell out at the top of my lungs while I sat down alone at a table for two scarfing down the deliciously fresh kale salad that would surprise any new-kale eaters, fortunately for me I'm pregnant, not insane.


I ordered the lunch portion of the All Hail Kale salad (opposed to the entree portion which is a larger plate) and also ordered the cauliflower-mash on the side. "Cauliflower-mash?!" You may ask scrunching up your nose making a Pee-Ew face, but really... it's perfect. The texture and taste is probably as close as you can get to real mashed potatoes and not only that it's absolutely delicious. And in all honesty, if one was to never tell you it was made from cauliflower you'd probably never know anyway, but in my opinion the whole cauliflower part just makes it better doesn't it? After all, it's good for you!

If there's one thing to learn from Veggie Grill it's this, healthy food can really taste wonderfully good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...