Cooking At Home: Guacamole with an exotic twist


One of the reasons I love plain mashed avocados as a guacamole dip is the simplicity of it, no chopping or mixing needed. Perhaps I've never found a guac recipe worthy enough for all that chopping and mixing trouble. But the other night I decided to try a guac recipe called the Speedy Guacamole from a book my sister gave me called The Healthy Gluten-Free Life, and guess what? There was a bit of mixing involved with added ingredients but it was totally worth it! One of the most flavorful and interesting guac recipes I've ever tasted, and it wouldn't be farfetched for me to say that it does taste a bit exotic. And what exactly is the big secret ingredient? Simply... Cumin!

If you're a guacamole lover you must try this recipe, here you go, straight from Tammy Credicott's The Healthy Gluten-Free Life.

INGREDIENTS:
1 large ripe organic avocado
2 Tbsp of your favorite GF salsa
1/2 tsp granulated garlic
1/2 tsp granulated onion
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp chili powder
Freshly ground pepper to taste
Squeeze of lime juice

RECIPE:
1. Scoop out avocado flesh into a medium bowl. Mash with a fork until fairly smooth, with some small chunks of avocado still in there.

2. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.


*Note: I omitted the granulated onion and garlic since the salsa I was using already contained those ingredients in chunks (I used Trader Joe's Pico De Gallo).

You can also simply UN-gluten-free this recipe by using your choice of salsa (gluten-free or NOT), it'll taste just as delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...