Cooking At Home: The trick to a delicious fruit salad


Fruit salads are one of my favorite things to make, maybe my love for fruit makes me biased or perhaps (and most likely it is this) that you can make so many different kinds of fruit salads. Mix and match the fruit that's in season, it really doesn't matter- it always turns out great... and it's a good for you!

There are a couple of fruits on my "boring fruit" list, grapes and bananas, these fruits I pretty much never use in my fruit salads- but of course that shouldn't deter you from doing so.

The trick to making a delicious fruit salad every single time?  Lime juice. Yes, lime juice, simple as that.  Squeeze a quarter or even better yet a half or whole lime right into your fruit mix, it'll keep the colors fresh and give it that sweet zing.

My latest Winter Fruit Salad included, half pint of blueberries, a whole red apple, a yellow pear, 3/4 of a pomegranate and the juice of 1/2 a lime

Another TIP... lime juice goes awfully well with pomegranates!  So if you've got pomegranates in your fruit salad you can bet that the lime juice is only going to make it better... and vice versa!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...