One thing that I've learned from being pregnant so far (so far meaning the last two & half months) is that, when you can't figure out what it is that you want to eat (and during pregnancy this can be quite aggravating) the trick is to eat things with multiple main ingredients in it... hence today's 7-Layer Mexican Pie Dip. I suppose the pie plate just makes it more beautiful not more delicious, which was all quite by accident, I've got a dishwasher loaded with dirty dishes and the pie plate was my only choice, and what a pretty accident it turned out to be- a perfect presentation for a party!
One of the great things about the 7-layer dip is that it is fairly simple to make, all one really needs to do is to put it all together, no actual cooking required, and in this way it makes a great bachelor dish (sorry boys for the reference!)
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 1 can of black beans (or refried beans if you prefer the traditional way)
- Guacamole (homemade or simply buy the pre-made from Trader Joe's- equally as good)
- Sour cream (low fat or non-fat if your concerned for your health)
- Shredded cheese of your choice (even crumbled feta might be nice for a little twist)
- 1/2 a small red onion diced (you can knix the onions if you no likey)
- Diced tomatoes with the seeds scraped out (you don't want a watery dip!)
- Small can of sliced black olives
Simply layer all the ingredients one by one in a dish of your choice, a dish with at least 1" sides should do the trick.
First start with the beans, then....
Onions (if you are using)
Tomatoes, and then...