DID YOU KNOW that you can freeze pre-cooked rice?


Back in the day before I knew a thing or two about life I hated cooking rice for myself.  For one person cooking rice seemed like such a big deal and then when I began to cook for two there was always leftover rice.

Then one day Mother told me "you can freeze rice. Just pack it in a container after it fully cools down and then you can microwave it for 5 minutes and you've got your rice!" I was, of course, pretty excited when I heard this.  You can freeze most anything- I knew this, and yet freezing pre-cooked rice never even occurred to me. The tip would be a great help in my years to come especially on days when my schedule was fully packed.  Now whenever I cook rice I make sure to make more than I need, I cool - pack - and freeze the rest. *sigh, sometimes it's the little things in life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...