Larchmont Bungalow's Gluten-Free Fish Tacos


The Mexican Mocha and Gluten-Free Orange Almond Muffins is usually my regular order at Larchmont Bungalow.  I often come here for little to go snacks as I have the strong opinion that the food here could be hit or miss, and I don't think there is anything I dislike more than not knowing what to expect.  

But for months now I've stood in line at Bungalow waiting to order my coffee and muffin perusing the gluten-free menu that stands on the counter.  Recently gone gluten-free (albeit in a lenient manner, I am a foodie afterall) the food listed on that particular menu sounded interesting, Huevos Rancheros, Fish Tacos, Bison Chili!  Hmmm? (As I like my chops).  What's even greater I have to admit is not having to dissect the meal yourself, figuring out if what you're ordering is gluten-free can be quite bothersome if you don't have the energy.

While out running errands today at Larchmont Village I decided to stop in at Bungalow and grab some lunch.  Taking a look at their gluten-free menu I decided on the fish tacos.


The Bungalow loves to use their long elongated plates for many of their food, the fish tacos came in three... on an elongated plate with a side of sour cream and black beans, it looked beautiful and exciting.  Wetting your appetite by feasting with your eyes is something Bungalow definitely has down.

I took a close look at the fish tacos, grilled fish, cilantro, guacamole, cucumbers, dill, chives? (or was it?), then slices of mango and papaya.  


And while the black beans was just simple heated black beans the sour cream contained a couple different herbs (one of which tasted like chives) and bits of mango.  It was delicious.


So how was Bungalow's gluten-free fish tacos?  It was ABSOLUTELY delicious!  And I mean absolutely.  The slight sweetness of the mango and papaya with the crisp refreshing slices of cucumbers and the base of the main ingredient: char-grilled fish, went together all very nicely.  It was indeed the most unique fish tacos I ever feasted upon.  And who says you can't eat anything if you're gluten-free.



Total Damage:  $14.00 +/-

1 Gluten-free fish tacos



Larchmont Bungalow
107 N. Larchmont Blvd
LA CA 90004
(323) 461.1528


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...