Monsieur Marcel Pt.3, Escargot, Boeuf bourguignon & French Burger



Only Mr. Borscht would know that after a very hard 3 weeks where nothing is sure, that a nice French dinner would set things straight for Tummy.  And so Thursday night, no longer being able to wait for Friday to roll around although only a day away, he took me out to my favorite French restaurant Monsieur Marcel to remind me that life in the past month really isn't as bad as it seems.

Who knows?  May be it would work may be it wouldn't, I had my doubts.  And whether the cozy atmosphere and aroma of great french food would keep my troubles at bay it did, at least for that night.

Escargot, which I happen to love was my treat as I do not get to eat it very often for whatever reason.  The delicacy comes without their shells, soaked in butter, garlic and herbs, with a texture and bite that is comparable to that of calamari.  I prefer my escargot stuffed in their beautiful shells and for this reason I was a little sad to see them naked, it also wasn't the most delicious escargot I've had as I would have preferred them will less butter and more herbs.  But tonight, I was happy to have escargot at all, and they really weren't half bad.


My main entree, one of my favorites here at Monsieur Marcel is the Boeuf Bourguignon, the dark, full and well-rounded flavors of the meat, pearl onions, mushrooms, potatoes and tagliatelle in the red wine reduction sauce, makes it considerably hard for me not to order this french stew whenever I am here.  I always find this dish to be heart-warming and comforting.


Mr. Borscht opts for something new, the French burger, which can be described as nothing less that absolutely amazing, and probably will be the best burger you've ever had, if you don't mind caramelized onions and sauteed mushrooms that is.  The meat is to die for, flavorful, moist and fresh.  And while caramelized onions and sauteed mushrooms is enough for me to swoon over this burger the fact that you have a choice of four fantastic cheeses to go into your burger:  Roquefort (blue cheese), Brie (soft cow cheese), Gruyere (much like swiss cheese) or St. Loup (goat cheese)... this just seals the deal for me.  This is the one and only place that I know of in Los Angeles that has the ultimate gourmet burger.  Burger fans?  Come one, come all!



The Damage:  $48.36

Escargot
Boeuf bourguignon
French Burger



Monsieur Marcel
6333 W. 3rd Street (Southeast side of the Farmer's Market)
LA CA 90036
(323) 939.7792


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...